Cultural Competency Workshop
Cultural Competency is not reflected by the diversity of your staff and patrons or the amount of outreach to underserved communities. It is reflected in your and your staffʻs ability to function with awareness, knowledge, and interpersonal skill when engaging people of different backgrounds, assumptions, beliefs, values, and behaviors. This workshop provides the opportunity to examine personal perceptions and strategies that will increase your ability to practice inclusion through a culturally competent lens.
This workshop provided participants the four skills to employ Cultural Competency and the five stages individuals and organizations can implement to improve relations with internal and external communities.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants were able to:
- Define Cultural Competency and how its integration at three levels is required to be successful
- Examine critically your interaction with people of different cultures, not limited to ethnicity
- Identify the five stages and where you and your organization are on the continuum of Cultural Competency
- Practice four important skills to employ Cultural Competency
- Identify the multi-level model for implementing Cultural Competency
- Design methods to improve relations with internal and external communities
- Combine cultural-mindedness with culturally centered communication skills for effective relationships with all people forming the basis for culturally competent organizations, communities and societies
Cultural Competency Resources
Please visit our Cultural Competency page for access to resources.