State Archives Staff

View Only

CoSA News and Events - August 22, 2022

• 1.  CoSA News and Events - August 22, 2022

Posted 08-22-2022 03:02 PM

Hello all, 

I made the mistake of looking at Twitter this weekend. It's one of my sources for news in our field, but I'm usually a bit behind in my feed. The advantage of that is that usually by the time I read something, the context is there to find as was the case this weekend when I scrolled across concerns from our historian friends. What's your go-to source for archival updates? 

In our community

• Annual Meeting Update:

• Plans for the BPE-CoSA joint (un)conference (September 26-28, Tennessee State Library and Archives in Nashville) are continuing. Staff should be in communication with their state archivist to confirm travel plans and eligibility for travel reimbursement from CoSA.

• Committees + Programs

• Tuesday, 8/23: Advocacy Committee (12pm Eastern)
      • Wednesday, 8/24: CoSA Board Meeting (2pm Eastern)
      • State Archivists will soon be receiving CoSA's 2022 Archives and Records Management (ARM) survey, and they may ask you to help complete some components. The responses we receive shape CoSA's State of State Records reports, filed alongside our other publications in the "State ARM Surveys" folder. This helps shape our advocacy agenda, determine research projects to pursue, and identify educational goals to meet. I encourage you to review the 2021 The State of State Records report.
    • Upcoming webinars

Around the field

• A reminder that resources are available if you've been affected by a recent natural disaster:

• Society of Georgia Archivists editorial board for Provenance extended their call for article submissions (August 30). Reference their submission guidelines if you're interested.

• The South Asian American Digital Archive (SAADA) is now inviting applications for their Archival Creators Fellowship Program. Three fellows will be selected in the 2022-23 cohort, with projects highlighting how South Asian Americans have made space for our communities in the American landscape. Applications are due September 9.

• Will you be attending the SAA Annual Meeting in-person this year (August 25-27)? Interested in meeting up? Send me a message (jbanks@statearchivists.org), and I'll see if we can coordinate an informal CoSA meet-up at the event.

Most sincerely,

Joy

Joy M. Banks

Executive Director
    Council of State Archivists

Documenting Government  Promoting History  Securing Rights

jbanks@statearchivists.org

Book an appointment: 30-minutes | 60-minutes

Web I Twitter I Facebook

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated to respond out of your normal working hours.