Shop Talk Webinar Recordings
Shop Talk with FamilySearch Webinar
January 9, 2020 | View Recording
Join John de Jong and the FamilySearch Staff for a brief overview of what FamilySearch has been doing to help States and Counties preserve their records over the past year, and plans for 2020. They will then share exciting news about the upcoming RootsTech 2020 Conference in Salt Lake City and how this relates to your archives. RootsTech is a global family history event where people of all ages learn to discover, share, and celebrate their family connections across generations through technology. FamilySearch is the hosting organization for RootsTech here in the United States and internationally.
APPX Shop Talk Webinar - Considerations for an Online System for Maintaining & Managing Record Schedules
December 5, 2019 | View Recording
In a joint webinar in December of last year, NARA presented an overview of their project to implement "big bucket" scheduling at the GSA and the State Archives of North Carolina presented an overview of their project to implement "Functional Schedules". As a follow-up to those presentations, APPX Software CEO, Steve Frizzell, will discuss the requirements for maintaining and managing schedules such as those at NARA and NC in an on-line environment, including
- General Schedules vs. Agency Specific Schedules
- Entry and maintenance of schedules and items
- Workflow for Amendments to schedules and items
- Approval workflow for amendments to schedules and items
- History of amendments to schedules and items
- Discontinuing items/Consolidating items
- Web search of schedule items
- Publish formal schedule documents
and much more.
APPX Shop Talk Webinar - Using AXAEM To Manage Agency Records
November 15, 2018 | View Recording
APPX President Steve Frizzell will discuss AXAEM, a comprehensive, fully integrated software solution designed specifically to meet the various data processing requirements of State Archives. This presentation will begin with a brief overview of the various components of the AXAEM system and will then focus more specifically on the following functional capabilities:
- State Records Center Inventory Management
- Agency Self-Service Web Portal
- Agency Local Inventory Management (Records stored at the Agency)
Preservica Shop Talk Webinar - Innovations in Digital Preservation
October 16, 2018 | View Recording
Preservica CTO Jon Tilbury will showcase technical innovations in digital preservation that are enabling state archives and other public sector institutions to streamline records processing and ingest, improve metadata management, and automate preservation actions. Demonstrations and a case study on email management will be shared. Lori Ashley, Industry Market Development Manager, will introduce Preservica’s consortia model and describe two public sector case studies.
Get an inside look at how FamilySearch is facilitating Records Preservation and Access throughout the world – and how State Archives can benefit from the work.
Learn about recent developments in web-based crowd sourcing for indexing which enables FamilySearch to index over one million (yes, that’s right) names per day to add to their massive genealogical search engine.
- What technologies do they use to capture, preserve, migrate, and provide access to their images and indexes?
- What processes does FamilySearch use in setting up indexing projects?
- How does it get so many people in assist in the work?
- What QA and backup systems do they use?
- How is FamilySearch reaching out to local communities to assist them in preserving and providing access to their records?
- What is FamilySearch doing to help preserve records locally, and globally?
- How can we help you?