2019 CoSA / SAA Joint Annual Meeting
ARCHIVES*RECORDS 2019: TRANSFORMATIVE, the Joint Annual Meeting of CoSA and SAA will be held in Austin, TX July 31-August 6, 2019. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
JW Marriott Austin
110 E 2nd St.
Austin, TX 78701
The JW Marriott Austin will serve as the ARCHIVES * RECORDS 2019: TRANSFORMATIVE! headquarters hotel.
The conference organizers have negotiated the special discounted conference rates listed below. These rates are available until Tuesday, June 25, OR until our room block has been met, whichever comes first. After this date—or the date on which the room block has been met—we can no longer guarantee rates and availability. We advise you to make your room reservations as soon as possible to ensure availability and the discounted rate.
Room Rates (include complimentary wireless Internet access in guest rooms and throughout the meeting space):
Single/Double Occupancy: $199
Triple/Quad: $25 per additional person over 18 years of age
You will be able to make reservations (phone or online) by March 31, 2019.
- Early-Bird Registration (by July 5): $329
- Advance Registration (by July 15): $379
- Onsite Registration (after July 15): $439
- Student Registration: $149
- Guest Registration: $149
CoSA Schedule of Events
CoSA Silent Auction
The Silent Auction is back! Previous silent auctions have been a key fundraiser for CoSA educational activities and this year we’re aiming for similar success in Austin, TX, but we need your help providing auction items!
To help make this year another success, here are some helpful tips for popular auction items:
- Think small - items that are easy to pack or easily consumed in the course of the meeting
- Share a taste of your state - what food items are unique and special to your state?
- Share your state's unique stories, history, food, or drink with your colleagues!
- Snacks and small bottles of alcohol are always popular items!
Please help CoSA’s educational activities by donating! More information about the donation process will be made available soon.
Reimbursement for travel to the CoSA Annual Meeting
CoSA will reimburse travel to the annual meeting for one person per state or territory that has paid at least $2,750 in dues for FY2019, up to a maximum of 50% of the dues paid. Representatives receiving reimbursement will be expected to attend both the CoSA Work Session and the CoSA Business Meeting.
Those who are eligible for reimbursement should complete the CoSA Reimbursement Form and send it along with ALL receipts to CoSA staff within 30 days after returning from the conference. You may scan and email them to email@example.com.
Reimbursements are limited to actual expenses incurred, up to a maximum of 50% of dues paid, for the following:
- Transportation to and from the meeting in accord with the general provisions governing transportation in the CoSA Travel Reimbursement Policy;
- Lodging for three nights (at the conference rate); and
- Meal expenses at the rate of $61 per day (based on the General Services Administration (GSA) rate schedule). Meal expenses for the first and last day of travel will be reimbursed at the rate of $45.75 per day. Incidentals will be reimbursed at a rate of $5 per day.
Most state and territorial representatives eligible for reimbursement will receive coverage for up to three days of lodging and meal expenses. Exceptions will be made for unusual circumstances such as flight schedules that require an extra night at the conference site in order to participate in CoSA meetings.