CoSA-Ancestry Leadership Award
With the generous support of AncestryTM, the Council of State Archivists undertakes its strategic plan commitment to facilitate next generation leadership development by providing up to $1,000 reimbursement for individuals or $2,000 reimbursement for groups of mid-level managers in state and territorial archives to help develop their professional potential and prepare for advancement.
Nomination Forms, Procedures, and Selection
Any organization or individual is invited to nominate an organization, person(s) or program(s). Nomination of oneself or one's organizations is permissible and encouraged.
All nominations are submitted via email and must include the following items:
- CoSA-AncestryTM Leadership Award Nomination Form
- Essay addressing the criteria listed by discussing the accomplishments and ongoing work of the nominee.
- Letter(s) of support from at least one person familiar with the nominee's work and/or at least one CoSA member.
- Supporting materials may be submitted and may include nominees' resumes or biographies, illustrations of work products and promotional materials, press releases, press clippings, and other related materials.
Email one complete nomination packet to Barbara Teague, CoSA Executive Director.
An Awards Committee, appointed by the President and comprised of at least one Board member and two CoSA members, will review the nominations and select the recipients.
2018 Nominations, Selection, and Presentation Schedule:
- August, 2018: 2017 CoSA-AncestryTM Leadership Award recipients make presentations to members at the annual Work Session in Washington, DC
- November 1, 2018: Deadline for 2018 CoSA-AncestryTM Leadership Award nominations
- November 30, 2018: Selection of 2018 CoSA-AncestryTM Leadership Award recipients
Recipient of a 2017 Ancestry Leadership Award
Zachary Jones, Alaska
Ali Rahmaan, District of Columbia
Jim Kichas, Utah
Abbie Norderhaug and Sarah Grimm, Wisconsin
Kelly Eubank and Jeremy Gibson, North Carolina
Karen Gray and Chris Hieb, Alaska
Dorothy Davis, Alabama
Felicia Lujan, New Mexico