Welcome to CoSA’s Career Headquarters!
Find available jobs, internships, and RFPs here. This is a free service for CoSA members; non-CoSA members are welcome to post opportunities for a fee. Unpaid and paid internships, fellowships, and volunteer opportunities may be listed for free.
To find out how to have a position or RFP posted here, visit Place Job Listing.
Current Job Openings
Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives
Division Director (Non-Merit)
Application Deadline: Monday, July 22, 2019
KDLA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of the Division of Archives and Records Management who will serve as State Archivist and Records Administrator and State Historical Records Coordinator. This position provides statewide leadership in archival service and records management and oversight and direction to four branches within the division: State Records, Local Records, Electronic Records Management, and Archival Services.
- Provides statewide leadership in archival service and records management and oversight and direction to four branches within the division: State Records, Local Records, Electronic Records Management, and Archival Services.
- Works with legislators and state and local officials on public records management issues.
- Develops partnerships that enhance archives and records management programs.
- Provides direction for Kentucky government archives and records management.
- Manages the governance structure for the Commonwealth’s records retention and scheduling process.
- Participates in Kentucky government initiatives related to management, retention, and use of government information.
- Serves as Kentucky’s representative to the Council of State Archivists.
- Participates in strategic planning and budget processes.
- Leads public outreach and access efforts to ensure awareness of Kentucky government records, records laws, and research opportunities.
- Promotes government recordkeeping, digital preservation, research, and resource sharing through information technology.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree or above in Archival Studies, Library and Information Science, Public Administration, History, or Political Science.
- Demonstrated experience and professional leadership in an archival and records management program;
- Knowledge of latest developments, best practices, standards, regulations, and laws in archives and records management, open records and information governance;
- Participation in state, regional, and national archival and records management associations, including committee memberships and presentation of papers or sessions at professional meetings;
- Ability to communicate and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with varying levels of awareness of the work of the Division.
For more information and to apply, please visit the KDLA job site at https://kypersonnelcabinet.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=9626&site=2