Welcome to CoSA’s Career Headquarters!
Find available jobs, internships, and RFPs here. This is a free service for CoSA members; non-CoSA members are welcome to post opportunities for a fee. Unpaid and paid internships, fellowships, and volunteer opportunities may be listed for free.
To find out how to have a position or RFP posted here, visit Place Job Listing.
Current Job Openings
Department of Arkansas Heritage
Director of Arkansas State Archives
Salary: $62,631 - $90,670
Application Deadline: Until Filled
The Director of the State Archives serves as the State Historian and is responsible for planning and direction of the overall operation of the Arkansas State Archives, providing direction to lower level managers, performing administrative duties and coordinating activities with other work units within and outside the department.
Scope of Work:
- Plans and directs the overall operation of the Arkansas State Archives by coordinating and evaluating all aspects of programs and services to ensure goals and objectives of division and department are met.
- Works within broad guidelines to develop programs and services to provide effective and efficient operations; establishes policies and regulations for the division with the advice and support of Department administration; implements departmental policies and programs, and recommends legislation affecting division.
- Primarily responsible for fundraising and grant writing.
- Provides direction and supervision to lower level managers and staff.
- Sets priorities and allocates resources.
- Delegates responsibility for specific programs and projects.
- Evaluates managers' performance and reviews and approves personnel actions for key positions within the division.
- Provides guidance and budgetary limitations to lower level managers; develops budget requests for division; monitors the status of funds for operations and directs adjustments where necessary.
- Approves/disapproves purchases of supplies and equipment, reviews and approves contracts, capital improvements, and acquisitions in accordance with division and department policy.
- Coordinates activities with other work units within and outside the department; serves as spokesman for the division in coordination with the department, negotiates agreements with other state, federal, local, or non-governmental organizations; provide information to federal, state, and local agencies and officials concerning the impact of proposed legislation and other relevant issues.
- Serves on various committees as a representative of the division or department.
- Serves as the Secretary of the Arkansas History Commission and the Black History Commission.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
A doctoral degree in the field of history from an accredited institution of higher education or demonstrated ability to perform the duties of State Historian considering applicant’s academic background, editorial ability, knowledge of and interest in history, experience in the field of history and other factors relevant to performing the functions of the position.
For more information and to apply, please complete the required State of Arkansas Employment Application found on the www.arstatejobs.com website. Locate the job posting and click "apply for job."