2020 CoSA / SAA Joint Annual Meeting
The theme of ARCHIVES*RECORDS 2020 invites us to make visible the ingenuity that is inherent in our work—and to consider how we can leverage our creativity to sustain a future-oriented, vibrant, and intellectually invigorating archival profession. The conference will be August 2-8, 2020 in Chicago, IL.
720 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605
Call for 2020 Student Paper and Poster Proposals
Submission Deadline: Monday, February 3, 2020
For more information, visit the SAA Joint Annual Meeting webpage.
CoSA Silent Auction
The Silent Auction is back! Previous silent auctions have been a key fundraiser for CoSA educational activities and this year we’re aiming for similar success in Chicago, IL, but we need your help providing auction items!
To help make this year another success, here are some helpful tips for popular auction items:
- Think small - items that are easy to pack or easily consumed in the course of the meeting
- Share a taste of your state - what food items are unique and special to your state?
- Share your state's unique stories, history, food, or drink with your colleagues!
- Snacks and small bottles of alcohol are always popular items!
Please help CoSA’s educational activities by donating! When submitting items for the silent auction, please download and complete the CoSA Silent Auction Donation Form and include it with your donated item(s).
Reimbursement for travel to the CoSA Annual Meeting
CoSA will reimburse travel to the annual meeting for one person per state or territory that has paid at least $2,750 in dues for FY2020, up to a maximum of 50% of the dues paid. Representatives receiving reimbursement will be expected to attend both the CoSA Work Session and the CoSA Business Meeting.
The CoSA Travel Reimbursement Policy outlines eligibility for reimbursement and procedures to follow to receive reimbursement. Those who are eligible for reimbursement should complete the CoSA Reimbursement Form and send it along with ALL receipts to CoSA staff within 30 days after returning from the conference. Please scan and email your reimbursement forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reimbursements are limited to actual expenses incurred, up to a maximum of 50% of dues paid, for the following:
- Transportation to and from the meeting in accord with the general provisions governing transportation in the CoSA Travel Reimbursement Policy;
- Lodging for three nights (at the conference rate); and
- Meal expenses at the rate of $76 per day (based on the General Services Administration (GSA) rate schedule for Chicago, IL). Meal expenses for the first and last day of travel will be reimbursed at the rate of $57.00 per day. Incidentals will be reimbursed at a rate of $5 per day.
Most state and territorial representatives eligible for reimbursement will receive coverage for up to three days of lodging and meal expenses. Exceptions will be made for unusual circumstances such as flight schedules that require an extra night at the conference site in order to participate in CoSA meetings.