2018 CoSA / NAGARA / SAA Joint Annual Meeting
ARCHIVES * RECORDS 2018, the Joint Annual Meeting of CoSA, NAGARA, and SAA, will be held in Washington, DC August 12-16, 2018 and is coming soon. Get excited!!
Conference Information and Registration
General conference information and registration details will be made available soon. For more information, please check the Joint Annual Meeting page on the Society of American Archivists website.
CoSA Schedule of Events
Tentative CoSA Annual Meeting Schedule
Make your Hotel Reservations: https://www2.archivists.org/am2018/attend/hotel-reservations.
Tuesday, August 14
Archives on the Hill (Archives Advocacy Day - planning in process)
Wednesday, August 15***
9:00 – 5:00 - Great Idea Exchange Day and Work Session at NARA
Thursday, August 16***
8:30 – 5:30 - Program Sessions, including
Plenary 1 and Awards Ceremony
SHRAB Snack Break
and Silent Auction
Friday, August 17
8:30 – 3:00 - Program Sessions, including
Saturday, August 16
8:30 – 11:30 Program Sessions
*** CoSA Business Meeting and Awards Dinner will be scheduled either Wednesday or Thursday evening, after the date for the All-Attendee Reception is finalized, either for Wednesday or Thursday. The CoSA Dinner and All-Attendee Reception will be scheduled on different days, so please plan on attending both.
CoSA Silent Auction
The Silent Auction is back! Previous silent auctions have been a key fundraiser for CoSA educational activities and this year we’re aiming for similar success in Washington, DC, but we need your help providing auction items!
To help make this year another success, here are some helpful tips for popular auction items:
- Think small - items that are easy to pack or easily consumed in the course of the meeting
- Share a taste of your state - what food items are unique and special to your state?
- Share your state's unique stories, history, food, or drink with your colleagues!
- Snacks and small bottles of alcohol are always popular items!
Please help CoSA’s educational activities by donating! More information about the donation process will be made available soon.
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
2660 Woodley Road NW
Washington, DC 20008
HOTEL RESERVATIONS NOW OPEN:
Make your reservations soon!
Reimbursement for travel to the CoSA Annual Meeting
CoSA will reimburse travel to the annual meeting for one person per state or territory that has paid at least $2,500 in dues for FY2018, up to a maximum of 50% of the dues paid. Representatives receiving reimbursement will be expected to attend both the CoSA Work Session and the CoSA Business Meeting.
Those who are eligible for reimbursement should complete the CoSA Reimbursement Form and send it along with ALL receipts to CoSA staff within 30 days after returning from the conference. You may scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reimbursements are limited to actual expenses incurred, up to a maximum of 50% of dues paid, for the following:
- Transportation to and from the meeting in accord with the general provisions governing transportation in the CoSA Travel Reimbursement Policy;
- Lodging for three nights (at the conference rate); and
- Meal expenses at the rate of $64 per day (based on the Federal Per Diem Rates). Meal expenses for the first and last day of travel will be reimbursed at the rate of $51.75 per day. Incidentals will be reimbursed at a rate of $5 per day.
Most state and territorial representatives eligible for reimbursement will receive coverage for up to three days of lodging and meal expenses. Exceptions will be made for unusual circumstances such as flight schedules that require an extra night at the conference site in order to participate in CoSA meetings.