2018 CoSA / NAGARA / SAA Joint Annual Meeting
ARCHIVES * RECORDS 2018, the Joint Annual Meeting of CoSA, NAGARA, and SAA, will be held in Washington, DC August 12-16, 2018 and is coming soon. Get excited!!
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
2660 Woodley Road NW
Washington, DC 20008
The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel will serve as the ARCHIVES * RECORDS 2018 headquarters hotel.
The conference organizers have negotiated the special discounted conference rates listed below. These rates are available until Friday, July 13, OR until our room block has been met, whichever comes first. After this date—or the date on which the room block has been met—we can no longer guarantee rates and availability. We advise you to make your room reservations as soon as possible to ensure availability and the discounted rate.
Room Rates (include complimentary wireless Internet access in guest rooms and throughout the meeting space):
$199 Single / Double ($20 each additional person)
$219 Triple ($20 each additional person)
$239 Quad ($20 each additional person)
For a complete list of registration rates and to register for the conference, please visit SAA's website.
- Early-Bird Registration: Register by July 6 and save at least $50 off Advance Registration rates and $110 off Onsite rates.
- Advance Registration: Register by July 20 to save at least $60 off Onsite rates.
- Onsite Registration: After July 20 you must register at the Marriott Wardman Park.
CoSA Schedule of Events
Tentative CoSA Annual Meeting Schedule
Tuesday, August 14
Archives on the Hill (Archives Advocacy Day - planning in process) - invite-only event
Wednesday, August 15
9:00 – 5:00 - Great Idea Exchange Day and CoSA Work Session at NARA
6:30 - 9:00 - CoSA Business Meeting and Awards Dinner
Thursday, August 16
8:30 – 5:30 - Program Sessions, including Plenary 1 and Awards Ceremony
SHRAB Snack Break
Friday, August 17
8:30 – 3:00 - Program Sessions, including Plenary 2
Saturday, August 16
8:30 – 11:30 Program Sessions
CoSA Silent Auction
The Silent Auction is back! Previous silent auctions have been a key fundraiser for CoSA educational activities and this year we’re aiming for similar success in Washington, DC, but we need your help providing auction items!
To help make this year another success, here are some helpful tips for popular auction items:
- Think small - items that are easy to pack or easily consumed in the course of the meeting
- Share a taste of your state - what food items are unique and special to your state?
- Share your state's unique stories, history, food, or drink with your colleagues!
- Snacks and small bottles of alcohol are always popular items!
Please help CoSA’s educational activities by donating! More information about the donation process will be made available soon.
Reimbursement for travel to the CoSA Annual Meeting
CoSA will reimburse travel to the annual meeting for one person per state or territory that has paid at least $2,500 in dues for FY2018, up to a maximum of 50% of the dues paid. Representatives receiving reimbursement will be expected to attend both the CoSA Work Session and the CoSA Business Meeting.
Those who are eligible for reimbursement should complete the CoSA Reimbursement Form and send it along with ALL receipts to CoSA staff within 30 days after returning from the conference. You may scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reimbursements are limited to actual expenses incurred, up to a maximum of 50% of dues paid, for the following:
- Transportation to and from the meeting in accord with the general provisions governing transportation in the CoSA Travel Reimbursement Policy;
- Lodging for three nights (at the conference rate); and
- Meal expenses at the rate of $64 per day (based on the Federal Per Diem Rates). Meal expenses for the first and last day of travel will be reimbursed at the rate of $51.75 per day. Incidentals will be reimbursed at a rate of $5 per day.
Most state and territorial representatives eligible for reimbursement will receive coverage for up to three days of lodging and meal expenses. Exceptions will be made for unusual circumstances such as flight schedules that require an extra night at the conference site in order to participate in CoSA meetings.