You Gotta Be Here!
The Council of State Archivists (CoSA) introduces a new award in 2020, with support from Atlas Systems. CoSA and Atlas Systems share a commitment to supporting educational development for underserved and/or diverse staff of state and territorial archives with the “You Gotta Be Here!” Annual Meeting Travel Stipend for Underrepresented Archives and Young Professionals” award.
This scholarship will encourage participation by CoSA members or staff who find it difficult to fund travel to the Annual Meeting due to distance and/or cost. The travel stipend will provide one award (up to a maximum of $1,250) for an individual to attend the Council of State Archivists’ Annual Meeting. Eligible nominees are:
- individuals who currently work in a state or territorial archives AND have never attended a CoSA Annual Meeting. Preference will be given to those from Alaska, Hawaii, the Caribbean, and Pacific Rim with greatest demonstrated need for the purposes of professional development, networking, and education,
- individuals who are of American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander descent, have worked in a state, territorial, or District of Columbia archives less than five (5) years AND have never attended a CoSA Annual Meeting. Preference will be given to those with greatest demonstrated need for the purposes of professional development, networking, and education.
Nomination Forms, Procedures, and Selection
Any organization or individual is invited to nominate an organization, person(s) or program(s). Nomination of oneself or one's organizations is permissible and encouraged.
All nominations are submitted via email and must include the following items:
- CoSA Awards Nomination Form
- Essay addressing the criteria listed by discussing the accomplishments and ongoing work of the nominee.
- Letter(s) of support from at least one person familiar with the nominee's work and/or at least one CoSA member.
- Supporting materials may be submitted and may include nominees' resumes or biographies, illustrations of work products and promotional materials, press releases, press clippings, and other related materials.
Email one complete nomination packet to Barbara Teague, CoSA Executive Director.
An Awards Committee, appointed by the President and comprised of at least one Board member and two CoSA members, will review the nominations and select the recipients.
2020 Nominations, Selection, and Presentation Schedule:
- April 1, 2020: Deadline nominations
- By April 30, 2020: Selection of award recipients notified
- August, 2020: Awards presented at CoSA-SAA Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL