Victoria Irons Walch Leadership Award
The Victoria Irons Walch Leadership Award recognizes the sustained leadership and outstanding contributions of an individual or institution to the development of state and territorial archives. Criteria include:
- creatively and effectively meeting challenges and opportunities
- demonstrating collaborative and innovative approaches
- serving his/her constituency in an exemplary way
- exceeding normal expectations and providing a model for others
The recipient will receive a custom-designed award.
Nomination Forms, Procedures, and Selection
Any organization or individual is invited to nominate an organization, person(s) or program(s). Nomination of oneself or one's organizations is permissible and encouraged.
All nominations are submitted via email and must include the following items:
- CoSA Awards Nomination Form
- Essay addressing the criteria listed by discussing the accomplishments and ongoing work of the nominee.
- Letter(s) of support from at least one person familiar with the nominee's work and/or at least one CoSA member.
- Supporting materials may be submitted and may include nominees' resumes or biographies, illustrations of work products and promotional materials, press releases, press clippings, and other related materials.
Email one complete nomination packet to Barbara Teague, CoSA Executive Director.
An Awards Committee, appointed by the President and comprised of at least one Board member and two CoSA members, will review the nominations and select the recipients.
2018 Nominations, Selection, and Presentation Schedule:
- May 1, 2018: Deadline nominations
- By May 31, 2018: Selection of award recipients notified
- August, 2018: Awards presented at CoSA-NAGARA-SAA Annual Meeting in Washington, DC
Dr. Lisa Speer
Recipient of the 2018 Victoria Irons Walch Leadership Award
2018: Dr. Lisa Speer
2017: Emily Oland Squires
2016: Kathleen D. Roe
2015: Julia Marks Young
2014: Christine W. Ward
2013: Victoria Irons Walch