Victoria Irons Walch Emerging Leader Travel Stipend
To encourage the development of an emerging leader in state and territorial archives, the Victoria Irons Walch Emerging Leader Travel Stipend will provide one stipend (up to a maximum of $1,000) each year for an individual to attend the annual Council of State Archivists meeting. Eligible nominees are individuals who have worked in a state or territorial archives less than five (5) years AND have never attended a CoSA Annual Meeting.
$500 will be presented to the recipient when the award is announced; the remainder will be paid to the recipient upon satisfactory submission of receipts and completed reimbursement form.
**The recipient must attend the CoSA Work Session and Business Meeting in order to receive the full stipend.
Nomination Forms, Procedures, and Selection
Any organization or individual is invited to nominate an organization, person(s) or program(s). Nomination of oneself or one's organizations is permissible and encouraged.
All nominations are submitted via email and must include the following items:
- CoSA Awards Nomination Form
- Victoria Irons Walch Emerging Leader Travel Stipend Nomination Form Supplement
- Essay addressing the criteria listed by discussing the accomplishments and ongoing work of the nominee.
- Letter(s) of support from at least one person familiar with the nominee's work and/or at least one CoSA member.
- Supporting materials may be submitted and may include nominees' resumes or biographies, illustrations of work products and promotional materials, press releases, press clippings, and other related materials.
Email one complete nomination packet to Barbara Teague, CoSA Executive Director.
An Awards Committee, appointed by the President and comprised of at least one Board member and two CoSA members, will review the nominations and select the recipients.
2021 Nominations, Selection, and Presentation Schedule
- April 12, 2021: Deadline nominations - Midnight Eastern Time
- By May 10, 2021: Award recipients notified
- August 18, 2021: Awards presented at CoSA Business Meeting
Recipient of a 2019 Victoria Irons Walch Emerging Leader Travel Stipend Award
Tyler Stump, Pennsylvania
Patricia Mitchell, Tennessee
Catheryne Popovitch, Illinois
Megan Rohleder, Kansas
No honoree selected
No honoree selected
Kristopher Stenson, Oregon
Melissa Salazar, New Mexico
Veronica Martzahl, Massachusetts