The Rising Star Awards acknowledge outstanding contributions by individual staff members or teams to their state archives and constituencies.
Nomination Forms, Procedures, and Selection
Any organization or individual is invited to nominate an organization, person(s) or program(s). Nomination of oneself or one's organizations is permissible and encouraged.
All nominations are submitted via email and must include the following items:
- CoSA Awards Nomination Form
- Essay addressing the criteria listed by discussing the accomplishments and ongoing work of the nominee.
- Letter(s) of support from at least one person familiar with the nominee's work and/or at least one CoSA member.
- Supporting materials may be submitted and may include nominees' resumes or biographies, illustrations of work products and promotional materials, press releases, press clippings, and other related materials.
Email one complete nomination packet to Barbara Teague, CoSA Executive Director.
An Awards Committee, appointed by the President and comprised of at least one Board member and two CoSA members, will review the nominations and select the recipients.
2021 Nominations, Selection, and Presentation Schedule
- April 12, 2021: Deadline nominations - Midnight Eastern Time
- By May 10, 2021: Award recipients notified
- August 18, 2021: Awards presented at CoSA Business Meeting
Kate Telford, Rhode Island State Archives
Elena Perez-Lizano, New Mexico Commission of Public Records
Sidney James Irby, Georgia Archives
Massachusetts Archives, Simmons College, and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissions, for their collaboration on the Massachusetts Municipal Clerks Archival Education Program
No honoree selected
Library of Virginia's Governor Timothy Kaine E-mail Project Team, for being the first state government archives to make emails of a previous gubernatorial administration freely available online
Susan Laura Lugo, US Virgin Islands Division of Libraries, Archives, and Museums
Beth Shields, Kentucky State Archives
Rachel Trent, State Archives of North Carolina